Saturday, April 25, 2009

earth day


on march 17th my sitemate cindy and I held an earth day event in a park close to my new apartment. many city officials and school children attended. basically, we distributed trash bags and gloves and then watched the magic happen. children and adults cleaned through out the park for approximately an hour. after an hour, all of our trash bags were filled and we re-convened for an earth day art contest. cindy and I baked chocolate chip cookies for the occasion, however i think mostly myself and my sitemates ate them all. mmmmmmm
i should mention that almost all of my sitemates helped cindy and I on this project and their help proved to be vital. also, mingechevir has adopted some other volunteers as honorary sitemates and at least one of them participated. all in all, the day was a success.

No comments: