Wednesday, June 3, 2009

$$ Grant !!

I received my first grant. Thanks to the opportunity my sitemate Bev gave me, I was able to complete a grant she started. We will receive a little over $3,000. The grant will be used to purchase new computers and equipment for the Mingechevir Women's Computer Center and Lab. I will be working hard this summer with the MWCCL's trainers to make sure they are up to speed with all the equipment they will be receiving.

Also, I'd like to thank all the kind people out there who donated money to Azerbaijan's Softball League through the Peace Corps Partnership Program (PCPP). Donations of this kind are really amazing to observe...the money goes directly from you to the programs. No skimming off the top and PCVs can be trusted to get the biggest bang for your buck.

No comments: